Saturday, June 7, 2014

Five Stones game

This game bonded my dad and I.

He started off with telling me how he demonstrated his skills at Plaza Singapura, as it celebrates the past in conjunction with the GSS.

I remembered having bought a packet of 5 Stones to play but which I rarely did. I took it out and he showed me how kids of his era played with them. At that moment, I realised I had allowed him the chance to go back to being a kid and to share with me his childhood pastime. It was a really nice feeling sharing this game with him. At that moment, our generations dissipated into naught and the game was the focus. It is another one of the memories I share with him to treasure, when he goes back to our Father.

I shared with him how I played as the kids of the 1980s did. I remember two versions of it. I was taught the easier version due to my hand-eye coordination problem. His version was "the original" one and it was also the complicated one. Shamefully, I couldn't even get past the first step. I couldn't catch all my stones. He could and he had, in front of throngs of people at Plaza Singaura. I am so proud of him! This deserves to be shouted out from the rooftops and I will do so on FB!

No comments: